This is the second webinar in a series of webinars that will unpack some accessibility features of iOS devices that students are using in the classroom and their everyday lives. This webinar will focus on the built in accessibility features for students who are deaf or hard of hearing. It is important that you feel comfortable to investigate and play with the features and your devices are always updated to the latest operating systems to ensure that you get the maximum output of your devices.
Michael currently works for the NSW Department of Education in the Central West of NSW, Australia. He has held positions including; Complex Support Advisor - Sensory Programs, Assistant Principal- Hearing, Learning and Wellbeing Advisor and Disability Programs Consultant. Michael is a bilateral cochlear-implantee after receiving his second implant in December 2009. Michael is a great fan of making the most of a wide range of technology in supporting children with a hearing impairment. A self-proclaimed ‘geek’, he enjoys sharing his knowledge of technology with others and has presented at numerous conferences and workshops around Australia and abroad including:
- 2012 & 2014 – Spectronics: Inclusive Learning Technologies Conference, Gold Coast
- 2013 – Workshops with the Tasmanian Education Department Teachers of the Deaf
- 2014 - Critical Agendas – Teaching Students with Special Needs Conference, Sydney
- 2014 & 2015 Learning Differences Convention – Rosehill Gardens Race course
- 2015 - NDIS National Conference - Apple’s Accessible iHouse
- 2017 - ATIA (Assistive Technology Industry Association) Florida, USA Conference
- 2017 - Singapore Ministry of Education - Various workshops and presentations, Singapore.
These are accessible and convenient to be viewed at any time. These sessions are presented by local staff at RIDBC, as well as national and international experts. If a course or webinar is accredited through either The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), formerly known as BOSTES, AG Bell or Audiology Australia, it will be indicated within the description of the webinar. If you are unsure and would like further information regarding accreditation, please contact Carla Silveira, Events and Administration Coordinator (email@example.com).
with payment by: