- Tuesday, 6 August, 2019 - Friday, 6 August, 2021
After this presentation you will have an understanding of:
- The role of early intervention service providers before early cochlear implantation (< 12 months of age)
- Identification of early communication assessment procedures for assessing infants who qualify for referral for a cochlear implant candidacy assessment
- Interpretation of early communication assessment results
- Pre-operative intervention goals for the family and for the infant
- Examples of age-appropriate activities to facilitate the infant’s auditory and pre-lexical communication development before CI
Video Duration: 45 minutes
Attending Assessment and Management of Infants before Cochlear Implantation will contribute 1 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 1.1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 6.4, 6.5, 7.3, and 7.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Inge Kaltenbrunn, BSp&Aud, MCommunication Pathology, LSLS Cert. AVT, is the Best Practice Lead: Early Learning (Deaf/Hard of Hearing Children) at RIDBC in Sydney, Australia. She is a qualified speech pathologist, audiologist and LSLS Certified Auditory-Verbal Therapist with more than 20 years of experience in the field of hearing loss and cochlear implants. She has worked in early intervention programs for children with hearing loss and adult and paediatric cochlear implant clinics in South Africa and Australia. She has experience in delivering family centred early intervention, cochlear implant (re)habilitation, program development, mentoring and professional training in the area of paediatric hearing loss.
These are accessible and convenient to be viewed at any time. These sessions are presented by local staff at RIDBC, as well as national and international experts. If a course or webinar is accredited through either The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), formerly known as BOSTES, AG Bell or Audiology Australia, it will be indicated within the description of the webinar. If you are unsure and would like further information regarding accreditation, please contact Carla Silveira, Events and Administration Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
with payment by: