- Tuesday, 30 July, 2019 - Friday, 30 July, 2021
After this presentation you will have an understanding of:
- To learn about the importance and aims of cochlear implant habilitation
- To learn about the principles underlying the development of a child’s listening and spoken language after cochlear implantation
- To learn how to use the auditory hierarchy to set goals after cochlear implant “switch on”
- To learn about listening and thinking strategies to develop a child’s listening and spoken language after cochlear implantation
- To learn how to guide parents/caregivers in developing the child’s listening and spoken language at home
Video Duration: 1 hour
Attending Development of Listening and Spoken Language: what do we do know that the CI is switched on? will contribute 1 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 1.1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 6.4, 6.5, 7.3, and 7.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Inge Kaltenbrunn, BSp&Aud, MCommunication Pathology, LSLS Cert. AVT, is the Best Practice Lead: Early Learning (Deaf/Hard of Hearing Children) at RIDBC in Sydney, Australia. She is a qualified speech pathologist, audiologist and LSLS Certified Auditory-Verbal Therapist with more than 20 years of experience in the field of hearing loss and cochlear implants. She has worked in early intervention programs for children with hearing loss and adult and paediatric cochlear implant clinics in South Africa and Australia. She has experience in delivering family centred early intervention, cochlear implant (re)habilitation, program development, mentoring and professional training in the area of paediatric hearing loss.
These are accessible and convenient to be viewed at any time. These sessions are presented by local staff at RIDBC, as well as national and international experts. If a course or webinar is accredited through either The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), formerly known as BOSTES, AG Bell or Audiology Australia, it will be indicated within the description of the webinar. If you are unsure and would like further information regarding accreditation, please contact Carla Silveira, Events and Administration Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
with payment by: