RIDBC Renwick Centre can customise courses to focus on the specific needs and context of your school and/or workplace. These will be held at your venue or at the Renwick Centre, and will help to build your staff's capacity to improve and enhance outcomes for children and adults who are deaf or hard of hearing or who are blind or have low vision.
Topics below are suggestions only, please contact Jacqui Cashmore: Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your training needs.
• Visual development
• Common eye conditions in children, including those that cause vision impairment
• A visit to the eye clinic
• Understanding eye reports
• Clinical VS functional vision reporting
• Neurological vision impairment
• Update on childhood vision impairment – the Australian Childhood Vision Impairment Register
* IMPlementing the IMP: The What, Why, Who, When and How of the Infant Monitor of vocal
* Classroom Acoustics
* Strategies for working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing
* Individual Planning
* Disability Discrimination and Disability Standards for Education
* Curriculum Access for students with complex needs.