Dr Frances Gentle is a Conjoint Lecturer with the RIDBC Renwick Centre, Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children, in affiliation with Macquarie University and the University of Newcastle. She is also President of the International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment (ICEVI; Immediate Past President of the South Pacific Educators in Vision Impairment (SPEVI), and Convening Editor of the SPEVI journal. Frances has around 30 years of experience as an educator in the field of disability in Australia and internationally, with 20 years of specialisation in education of children with blindness and low vision.
Events this person is involved with:
- Education Access and Engagement for student's with vision impairment
- Developing Early Braille Literacy
- Education Inclusion for children with vision impairment
- Early Childhood Development and implication of vision impairment
- The first five years: Inclusive practices for young children with vision impairment